Slovak food has a lot in common with its neighbour the Czech Republic, though Slovak food does has some distinct touches of its own – such as bryndzove halusky. My brother Martin described bryndzove halusky as the most unappetising food he has ever seen – though he still managed to eat two plates of it. Have a look at some Slovak food that I have encountered on my travels.
If you’d like the recipe, click on the Slovak Heritage website.
Want to see more food?
Want to try some of my recipes?
- Teaching idea with You Tube – 7 seconds 03/7/12
- What is TEFL teaching like? State vs Private 01/4/12
- Useful TEFL websites 01/4/12
- Ten Top Tips for New Teachers 01/4/12
- Technical Ideas for Teachers 01/4/12
- How to use Jokes in the Language Classroom 01/4/12
- One to One TEFL Teaching 01/4/12
- New to TEFL? 01/4/12
- Coping with Mixed Ability Classes 01/4/12
- TEFL – just for fun 01/4/12
- Ten ways to get your students to want to read 01/4/12
- New Ideas for Group Work Activities 01/4/12
- A bit of Grammar for (new) TEFL teachers 01/4/12
- Extensive Reading – Graded Readers 01/4/12
- Getting a TEFL job 01/4/11