The English Turkish Joke Book is an excellent way for Turkish people to practise their English – and for foreigners who are trying to improve their Turkish. Great jokes like:
“Sigara ve içki içme hakkında öyle çok kitap okudum ki bırakmaya karar verdim.”
“Sigarayı mı içkiyi mi?;”
or this classic
Bir ilkokul öğretmeni otobüste oturuyordu. Karşısındaki adamı tanıdığına oldukça emindi. “Afedersiniz” dedi, “fakat, siz benim çocuklarımdan birinin babası mısınız?”
I first learnt German by telling jokes to people in my awful German. But I quickly progressed and now I’m pretty fluent – and know lots of great jokes as well. When you’re trying to improve your skills in a foreign language, reading is one of the best ways – and reading jokes is probably the best of all.
10 ways that you can benefit from downloading The English Turkish Joke Book.
1. It improves your reading skills.
2. It improves your spelling – and your writing.
3. It will give you some interesting new vocabulary.
4. Jokes are short – and you will be rewarded with a laugh (or a groan).
5. Jokes are memorable – so you can tell your friends the jokes later.
6. If you’re a teacher, you can entertain your students.
7. If you’re a student, you can entertain your teachers.
8. It’s available in a wide variety of formats
9. It’s available from a wide variety of suppliers so you can choose.
10. It is a GREAT way to improve your English – or Turkish.
For more details about the book, have a look at this page.
You can buy the book on SMASHWORDS or AMAZON (For people in Turkey, the Smashwords option is cheaper)