The English Swedish Joke Book II is an excellent way for Swedish people to practise their English – and for foreigners who are trying to learn Swedish. There are great jokes like:
En rektor hade fått jobb som restaurangassistent. Hans första uppgift var att fylla upp saltkaren. Efter två timmar när hans chef kom för att titta till honom såg han han att rektorn bara lyckats fylla två.
“Varfør i hela friden tar du så lång tid på dig?” frågade chefen.
“Jag jobbar så fort jag kan,” sade rektorn, “men det tar tid att peta ned saltkornen genom de små hålen på ovansidan.”
Or this classic:
Little boy: (In garden) Excuse me, Mrs Jones, can I have my arrow back, please?
Mrs Jones: Of course, Richard. Where is it?
Little boy: In the side of your cat.
I first learnt German by telling jokes to people in my awful German. But I quickly progressed and now I’m pretty fluent – and know lots of great jokes as well. When you’re trying to improve your skills in a foreign language, reading is one of the best ways – and reading jokes is probably the best of all. The best way to use this book is to treat it like a swimming pool on a warm day. Dip in now and again and it is a very pleasant experience. If you stay in too long you won’t enjoy it as much. 10 good reasons for downloading The English Swedish Joke Book.
- It improves your reading skills.
- It improves your spelling – and your writing.
- It will give you some interesting new vocabulary.
- Jokes are short – and you will be rewarded with a laugh (or a groan).
- Jokes are memorable – so you can tell your friends the jokes later.
- If you’re a teacher, you can entertain your students.
- If you’re a student, you can entertain your teachers.
- It’s available in a wide variety of formats
- It’s available from a wide variety of suppliers so you can choose.
- It is a GREAT way to improve your English – or Swedish.
The book is available from:
If you’re in Sweden, it is a lot cheaper from Smashwords.