New versions available here. The English Portuguese Joke Book is an excellent way for Portuguese people to practise their English. There’s a different book for English speakers who are trying to learn Portuguese. If you’re lucky enough to have an iPad, an iPhone or a Mac you can also listen to the jokes (in English) with the audio version for iTunes. So you can not only read the jokes, you can also hear them as well. Great jokes like:
“Mamã, posso usar soutien, agora que já tenho dezasseis anos?”
or this classic:
Rapariga: Claro que te amo.
Rapaz: Durante quanto tempo me vais amar?
Rapariga: Vou amar-te para sempre.
Rapaz: Quanto tempo é para sempre?
Rapariga: Cerca de uma semana.
When you’re trying to improve your skills in a foreign language, reading is one of the best ways – and reading jokes is probably the best of all.
10 good reasons for downloading The English Portuguese Joke Book.
- It improves your reading skills.
- It improves your spelling – and your writing.
- It will give you some interesting new vocabulary.
- Jokes are short – and you will be rewarded with a laugh (or a groan).
- Jokes are memorable – so you can tell your friends the jokes later.
- If you’re a teacher, you can entertain your students.
- If you’re a student, you can entertain your teachers.
- It’s available in a wide variety of formats
- It’s available from a wide variety of suppliers so you can choose.
- It is a GREAT way to improve your English – or Portuguese.
Check out the book on your device or format