Slovakia is generally not very good at doing cities – at least compared to the Czech Republic. However it has amazing natural beauty with bears and wolves in the unspoilt mountain areas. In October 2005, I visited Rohace, an area of the Western Tatras, and had 15 days of sunshine with temperatures around 20 degrees. Here are some of the better pictures of Rohace.
There is a lot of useful information about Zuberec/Rohace on the regional website.
To get to Rohace you may need the help of Slovak railways.
There is also a very useful combined bus and train timetable.
- Teaching idea with You Tube – 7 seconds 03/7/12
- What is TEFL teaching like? State vs Private 01/4/12
- Useful TEFL websites 01/4/12
- Ten Top Tips for New Teachers 01/4/12
- Technical Ideas for Teachers 01/4/12
- How to use Jokes in the Language Classroom 01/4/12
- One to One TEFL Teaching 01/4/12
- New to TEFL? 01/4/12
- Coping with Mixed Ability Classes 01/4/12
- TEFL – just for fun 01/4/12
- Ten ways to get your students to want to read 01/4/12
- New Ideas for Group Work Activities 01/4/12
- A bit of Grammar for (new) TEFL teachers 01/4/12
- Extensive Reading – Graded Readers 01/4/12
- Getting a TEFL job 01/4/11