STOP PRESS: The book is now available WITH AUDIO FOR IPADS.
The English Portuguese Joke Book is an excellent way for Portuguese people to practise their English – and for foreigners who are trying to learn Portuguese. Great jokes like:
“Mamã, posso usar soutien, agora que já tenho dezasseis anos?”
or this classic:
Rapariga: Claro que te amo.
Rapaz: Durante quanto tempo me vais amar?
Rapariga: Vou amar-te para sempre.
Rapaz: Quanto tempo é para sempre?
Rapariga: Cerca de uma semana.
I first learnt German by telling jokes to people in my awful German. But I quickly progressed and now I’m pretty fluent – and know lots of great jokes as well. When you’re trying to improve your skills in a foreign language, reading is one of the best ways – and reading jokes is probably the best of all. The best way to use this book is to treat it like a swimming pool on a warm day. Dip in now and again and it is a very pleasant experience. If you stay in too long you won’t enjoy it as much. To sum up, 10 good reasons for downloading The English Portuguese Joke Book.
- It improves your reading skills.
- It improves your spelling – and your writing.
- It will give you some interesting new vocabulary.
- Jokes are short – and you will be rewarded with a laugh (or a groan).
- Jokes are memorable – so you can tell your friends the jokes later.
- If you’re a teacher, you can entertain your students.
- If you’re a student, you can entertain your teachers.
- It’s available in a wide variety of formats
- It’s available from a wide variety of suppliers so you can choose.
- It is a GREAT way to improve your English – or Portuguese.