The English Norwegian Joke Book 1 is an excellent way for Norwegian people to practise their English – and for foreigners who are trying to learn Norwegian. Great jokes like:
Lærer: Hvor bor Gud?
Liten gutt: Jeg tror han bor på badet vårt.
Lærer: Hvorfor sier du det?
Liten gutt: Vel, hver morgen banker faren min på døren og sier: «Herregud, er du fremdeles der inne?»
or this classic
En grunnskolelærerinne satt på bussen, hun var ganske sikker på at hun gjenkjente mannen på motsatt side. «Unnskyld meg,» sa hun, « men er ikke du faren til et av mine barn?»
I first learnt German by telling jokes to people in my awful German. But I quickly progressed and now I’m pretty fluent – and know lots of great jokes as well. When you’re trying to improve your skills in a foreign language, reading is one of the best ways – and reading jokes is probably the best of all. The best way to use this book is to treat it like a swimming pool on a warm day. Dip in now and again and it’s a very pleasant experience. If you stay in too long you won’t enjoy it as much. Here are 10 ways that you can benefit from downloading The English Norwegian Joke Book.
- It improves your reading skills.
- It improves your spelling – and your writing.
- It will give you some interesting new vocabulary.
- Jokes are short – and you will be rewarded with a laugh (or a groan).
- Jokes are memorable – so you can tell your friends the jokes later.
- If you’re a teacher, you can entertain your students.
- If you’re a student, you can entertain your teachers.
- It’s available in a wide variety of formats
- It’s available from a wide variety of suppliers so you can choose.
- It is a GREAT way to improve your English – or Norwegian.
And there is now an English Norwegian Joke Book II