As the first Norwegian joke book was so popular, I have produced The English Norwegian Joke Book 2. It is also an excellent way for Norwegian people to practise their English – and for foreigners who are trying to learn Norwegian. Great jokes like:
Gartner: Jeg bruker alltid masse hestemøkk på rabarbraen min.
Venn: Personlig foretrekker jeg eggekrem.
or this classic
En dame satt på bussen med babyen sin da en mann kom bort til henne og sa: «Det er den styggeste babyen jeg noen gang har sett. »
Damen ble tilsynelatende svært opphisset over dette. «Hva er i veien?» spurte buss-sjåføren.
«Mannen der borte bare plager meg, » sa damen.
«Vel, ikke bare sitt der, » sa sjåføren. «Gå bort og si hva du mener om ham: jeg kan holde apen din for deg. »
I first learnt German by telling jokes to people in my awful German. But I quickly progressed and now I’m pretty fluent – and know lots of great jokes as well. When you’re trying to improve your skills in a foreign language, reading is one of the best ways – and reading jokes is probably the best of all. The best way to use this book is to treat it like a swimming pool on a warm day. Dip in now and again and it is a very pleasant experience. If you stay in too long you won’t enjoy it as much. To sum up, 10 good reasons for downloading The English Norwegian Joke Book 2.
- It improves your reading skills.
- It improves your spelling – and your writing.
- It will give you some interesting new vocabulary.
- Jokes are short – and you will be rewarded with a laugh (or a groan).
- Jokes are memorable – so you can tell your friends the jokes later.
- If you’re a teacher, you can entertain your students.
- If you’re a student, you can entertain your teachers.
- It’s available in a wide variety of formats
- It’s available from a wide variety of suppliers so you can choose.
- It is a GREAT way to improve your English – or Norwegian.